lunes, enero 31

ok, so I have this really bad habit of not really updating my blog, even though I actually have quite a bit to blog about. But since it's the end of IAP, I'm gonna drag myself to actually write something on here and make this blog semi-respectable, right? =P. Anyways, IAP has been an absolute blast, and it's kinda depressing how it's already Reg Day. Meaning that classes start tomorrow.

I wish IAP was longer - or rather, I wish that it didn't pass by so quickly. But there's no point in really dwelling on that point. I had a hell of an awesome time during January and got pretty well rested. No stress. No knots in my back. No regrets. Against my conscious will, I will say that I'm starting to like it here. Maybe that's what IAP is for. After you burn out during fall semester and come away from it saying "fuck," you return to campus in January and DON'T burn out and come away saying "damn i wish IAP was longer." I guess I didn't really do anything astonishingly amazing during IAP - mostly just sat around and read orgo, went to fencing class, hung out with people, and watched movies. hahah a TON of movies.

Oh, and also went on the Burton-Conner ski trip. It was SO awesome. I love skiing. I actually wasn't gonna go at first, but then got convinced to go by many people (thanks!)It was my first time so I spent the entire morning taking lessons on the bunny slope, which, in retrospect, was prolly just a waste of time since half the time of the lessons was spent in waiting for the rest of class to either get down the slope or go back up the tow rope. After lunch though, I went on the green slope several times - with interesting results. The first time I fell down on a turn which happened to go into what both Alex and John claim was a "slight slope." Slight slope, my ass. I couldn't get back up because I was on the slope, and everytime I tried to get back up on the slope, I'd roll over onto my other side. So it was like this continuous tumbling/sliding motion which must have looked pretty amusing to the people going overhead on the ski lift. hehe anyways, I tried it again and did way better, but couldn't really stop. The ski instructor taught us this weird method in which you splay both your skis and knees inward. Somehow it never really worked for me on the real slope, and I just ended up falling flat on my face. woohoo! The only kind of stop I could manage to do was the hockey stop, which worked miraculously better. It was kinda amusing yet depressing at the same time to fall down and see little 3 year olds zoom by you on their skis, WITHOUT any poles *shakes head*.

Since we had to be back at the bus by three pm, I decided to go for at least one turn on a blue slope before I left - with, once again, interesting results. It was DAMN icy on the upper half of the blue slope, and I was going way too fast for my own comfort and I had no idea how to stop on the icy surface, so I decided to fall down. hehe. It worked! But holy shit, what an AWESOME ride - I actually only fell that one time on the blue slope, yay! I am definitely going on that trip next year - and it only cost $20 too, cuz the dorm reimburses you from the dorm fund that's included in the tuition - swwweeet.

and thus ends IAP. damn, there are so many things about IAP that I'm gonna miss like crazy.

1 Comments:

At 9:29 p. m., Anonymous Anónimo said...

Great blog! I also have a site about pontoon waterski boat
. You can check it out at pontoon waterski boat
.

Also, as a special bonus, I want to tell you about a great site that is giving away a FREE Sony DVD Handycam. Just click the link below and enter your Zipcode to qualify.

FREE Sony DVD Handycam

 

Publicar un comentario

<< Home