miércoles, enero 5

Inspired by Tony (blogs.mit.edu/cappaert), I have decided that I'm gonna try to type with correct punctuation. For the while being, at least.

I'm finally back in Boston. It was kinda depressing leaving Houston - plus on the plane, I was supposed to have a window seat, but his really really BIG scary-looking guy took my seat right before I got there. Seeing as how he was about twice my height and probably about 2.5 times my weight, I decided not to argue and just stay in the middle seat. Bummer. Anyways, the guy on my other side was pretty nice. He's a freshman at Dartmouth and apparently planes don't fly to New Hampshire or something. Oh yea, Cynthia and a BUTTLOAD of HARVARD people were all on my flight too.

So before I had left Houston, my parents had told me about 20 times to TAKE A TAXI and don't take the subway. Problem is, taking a taxi is about $29.00 more expensive than taking the subway. I am asian, therefore I am cheap (but only when buying stuff for myself. I spend a lot of money buying stuff on other people. Ironic, isn't it?)Lesson #1 of the day: listen to your parents' advice. I ended up dragging a 43 lb. suitcase up and down steps and escalators and through about three different subways. Definitely not fun at all, especailly if you have a heavy backpack and a 6 lb. violin case to drag along too.

Anyways, everything seemed to go pretty well, until I got off the stop at Kendall/MIT. I had trouble going through the turnstile with my luggage, backpack, violin, and whatnot, and this weird guy behind me was laughing at me. I ended up being stuck with him all the way up the escalator, and then he wouldn't shut up. So I stood there talking to this really odd guy for like 20 minutes or so outside of Kendall station just cuz I didn't want to be rude. Lesson #2 of the day: it IS ok to be rude to sketchy strangers. He kept talking and going on and on about how he likes to date "aggressive chinese women" (WTF??!!). And meanwhile I was just standing there trying to be polite and make polite answers. Bad idea. He then tried to ask me to dinner, whereas I immediately said that I had to eat dinner with my roommate. (haha afterwards, Mavis said that I should have made something up and said that I was eating dinner with a "boyfriend.") Then he freaking gave me his phone number. And not just ONE phone number, but TWO of them. At this point, I was on the verge of just grabbing my luggage and bolting away, but once again, I didn't want to be rude. Ok, this guy is like 28. How dodgy is that???

On a different note, fencing class has been really fun so far. It REALLY works you out, and now I'm all sore. We haven't used the weapons yet, but I'm looking forward to that. The rest of the time, I've just been sitting around and reading and getting groceries. It's strange - I thought that once IAP came, I'd be all jumping around and doing a million times and one, but that hasn't happened. For some reason, I don't have any motivation to be openly social right now. I mean, I still am social, but I no longer have the driving urge to run all over Conner-side and meet different people. Man, I don't even go down the hallway anymore. I don't even go up to Conner 4! Well...ok, I've only been here like two days, so that may be part of the reason I haven't really done anything yet. Although today I actually practiced piano, Mavis taught Kenny how to make scrambled eggs, and then we watched THE GODFATHER! What an awesome movie.

I think there was more that I wanted to write today but I'm tired and sore right so I'm going to bed.