martes, enero 22

IAP, 2008. I have ONE more semester left until graduation, and it's a pretty weird thought. What am I gonna do afterwards? It's weird because when we graduate from high school, we just kinda go off and apply to college, because well, it's the next step. But what happens after college? So many people I know are all off and getting engaged and married and stuff, and it's also a little scary to think that we're at the stage of our lives now when things like this ACTUALLY matter. To what extent are we supposed to based our lives off of someone else? Is it worth turning away from one promising offer and just follow where my heart goes?

I've thought about this in great detail throughout the semester (seriously, almost every day), because I never thought that it would affect me like this. It's an interesting feeling - I like it, but I don't think I'll ever get used to the intensity of it. All I know is that I know that I want to just be able to take care of someone and give them everything that I have. If that's not a scary feeling, I don't know what is. Yet at the same time, it's a great feeling - it's comforting, it's reassuring, it just leaves a trail of hope wherever it goes.

The faintest thought of it leaves me not able to stop smiling. But is it the "right" thing to do? What is the "right" thing anyways? We're beyond the point where our parents can tell us what is right and what is wrong - we have to decide for ourselves. Is this what growing up means?

It's been an exciting 2007 - I'm not sure if "exciting" is the right word...it's more like turbulent, but it's exciting at the same time, with no negative connotations. I met more people, got closer to people, realized what I really want out of life, and found that I still have the ability to, well, love.

Let's bring on 2008.

1 Comments:

At 4:29 p. m., Anonymous Anónimo said...

Strange how I think almost everyone goes through these chnages in college, I mean if we were trully supposed to fine tune a craft in collge the state could save so much money and just build vocational schools (Which MA is really good at, as I have realized. It was nice catching up with you!
Ramya

 

Publicar un comentario

<< Home