domingo, abril 4

What a disappointment.

This week we found out about mentorship applicants and colleges, and I must say, what a disappointment.

Of course, there were some super awesome things, so CONGRATS to the following ppl for their colleges!:

Stanford – jace, amber, justin (but still a loyal beaver..lol), liberty (fellow welchie!)
BHP – christine, joel
Wash. U – troy (with full tuition!!)
UC Berkely - punag
NYU – rebecca
Rice/duke/upenn, etc.. – anu! (the best welch roomie ever)

Alrite so I may be leaving a few off, but congrats nevertheless…

But mentorship. WOW. What a disappointment indeed, in everything, but as of now, especially of the applicants…of course, i have to say congrats to ALYSSA and MELISSA first for making it in, cuz they totally deserved it….but there was one person on there who definitely did NOT deserve it. Ok, when on the very DAY of ur mentorship interview, you have to stop and ASK someone else “what do I in neurology? Do I , like, cure depression?” when you’re trying to get into mentorship thru neurology – alrite kiddo, THAT IS PITIFUL. I can’t believe that person got in, but who am I to judge. What crap….other than that tho, many aspects of mentorship have disappointed me this year. I won’t go into detail, because I know that too much of what I say on here can (and has been, in the past) used against me. But take for example the topic of the research paper for first semester. I spent an effin buttload of time on that. seriously, like that ate up all of my thanksgiving break , and I didn’t even do that well on it. However, as I recently found out, another mentorship student almost literally copy and pasted his/her (gender not revealed to protect anonymity) entire paper. I don’t know how well he/she did on it,but that is such crap, once again. But whatever. Things happen as they do.

I’ve been finding that whenever I’ve been getting deprimida or upset lately (as has been recently), it helps me the most to take out my Abriendo puertas book and start reading it. Not just the prose, but the poesía too, and it’s totally amazing. I don’t know why it calms me down so much. I tried reading the stuff in Perrine, but that doesn’t help half as much. It also helps to write down my own versos in Spanish too:

Quizás en la mente
(en la de la gente)
les de un sospecho
de lo que he hecho

spanish IS easy to rhyme in....i think I’ve fallen in love with literature española, i also love the story we’re reading right now in class, las ataduras…such an amazing story , I think,…but part of the reason I think I like it so much is because I see so much of myself in Alina…just check out this excerpt from the story, it matches me perfectly right now (plus or minus a few phrases that I ellipsed out):

“[…]más en que tuvo que esforzar mucho para esconder su melancholia [...] No sabía lo que le pasaba, pero su deseo de irse era mayor que nunca. Se sentía atrapada, girando a disgusto en una rueda vertiginosa. Se reía sin parar, forzadamente..”

y es perfecto. Just look at it.

Let’s see, I also went through the notes that we took in class over this story about the themes, and lo and behold, they match once again:

- falta de comunicación entre los hijos y padres................CHECK
- los niños no pueden comunicarse completamente...........CHECK
- “flashback” del desarollo y los conflictos........................CHECK

pretty interesting.....i see a lot of the same conflicts of Alina in my life (altho in altered form) , sus deseos, sus gustos, y sus emociones


and one other thing. I’ve decided that elites get on my nerves. Of course, I still like the people, but just not when they act elitist. I hate it when I hear ppl say “man, I hate stupid ppl!”…which is what I’ve heard lately so many times. I hate it when they say that. why? Because that is so effing orgulloso that it’s disgusting. Plus, I don’t consider myself among their ranks too. Who cares if they’re “stupid”? there’s no way you can define “stupid”…everyone has their different definitions. If a person is not that terribly quick or smart do they fall into the category of “stupid”? even if they work their butt off? Really, you would think that you’d have a little more consideration. People are different. And I guess I can’t really tell you what to think of other ppl. I consider myself on middle ground. Which is why I will never become an elitist. I’m not good enough for that category, anyways.

that is all I have to say right now. Dejame en paz ahora.