domingo, marzo 28

ok, steve says that i should post this, so i will...lol....before u read tho, kindly keep in mind that this is a PARODY off of Marvell's poem "To His Coy Mistress", (inspired by steve's parody on Eliot's "Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"....HIS parody is freakin awesome, go ask him for it) so i am NOT...repeat NOT referring to ANYONE in this parody that i wrote...haha...and btw, it's not talking about a person anyways.......oh and please comment on it, i want to know what ppl think of my attempts at poem-writing...


The Obsessive Musician

Had I but notes enough, and time,
This discord, ______, were no crime
I would sit down and think which way
To win thy favor with amorous play
Thou on your music, line by line
Shouldst love notes find; I by the fine
And pristine notes of Chopin would complain
I’d love you ten years down the lane
And you should, if you please, refuse
‘Till my intonation improves
So through rehearsals, love should grow
I wish they’d last and pass more slow
An hundred years I stared and gazed,
Right at your delicate curves, dazed
Two hundred more I’ll spend with zest
Three thousand years at each chair test
I’ll hear you play the first-chair part
The last concert shall show your heart
For _____, you deserve this state
Nor would I play with lower rate
But at my back I always hear
The old conductor, yelling near
Rehearsal is now almost done
Deserts of infinite sun
Thy solos shall no more be found,
Nor, on the empty stage, shall sound
Your flawless pitch; critics shall try
That long-perfected tone, well nigh
And your brief grandeur turn to dust,
And into despair all my lust
The practice room’s a private place
But locked – in which we shan’t embrace
Now, therefore, while the stage light hue
Is on thy body, brown and new
And while thy gleam of zealous fire
Burns through me like ardent desire
Now let us play soon, while we may
With bright marks on my neck like prey
Let me combine with thee my soul,
Your sweetness goes up to thy scroll
And damn those critics – words of knives! –
I’ll play you throughout our lives
Together we are known as one
Apart, we might well be undone