jueves, febrero 5

at the lab rite now, almost time to leave. today was actually a pretty neat day, considering how i finally got my badge!.YEEES!!...NOW the fun begins!...eugenia (one of my mentors)let me talk to all the grad students today and they told me about their respective projects...i think i understand most of what they told me..yuan is growing E. coli with MinE vectors, phillip is constructing a strain where u can control the tetracycline, arabinose C, and lactose operators simultaneously, jun is studying topology of lactose permease and xuefeng is studying phosphatidylglycerol (say that ten times fast) and cardiolipin in yeast systems...i'm mostly typing this just to help myself remember. so that was interesting, i actually learned a lot...and the grad students are really neat...notice how they are all chinese...HAHA (except for phillip but he's not a grad student)

bio and econ were interesting free days...both classes had substitutes, and we just sat around playing cards and "studying"...lol...NEW CHALLENGE: someone needs to beat colin in the staring game! seriously, he's good...and i mean GOOD....i swear the kid never blinks....just keeps giving u that shifty-eyed look..=P....and then they turned my backpack inside out in eco..o_O..that was...interesting...and amusing, seeing how i was the one who gave them permission to....lol

right now my head is pounding..it hasn't done that in a long time. i think that i'm getting sicker and sicker. phooey. i'm also cold right now. which is weird, cuz the lab is usually warm and i usually dont' have to wear jacket. but i get cold when i get sick. so i guess i must be sick. haha the only jacket i have with me today is my letter jacket. so ppl are giving me weird looks whenever i walk down the hallway..o_O..*note to self: don't wear letter jacket to lab anymore*..yea so cuz i guess i'm sick, my picture on my badge looks really funky. i look like i'm half asleep. or stoned. or somethign like that...LOL...(btw, ask colin to show u his stoned stare..it's very hilarious...haha)

i'm tired. i think i'm going to go home and sleep and not get online tonite (to a special someone - sooo sorrie!!!!!..=(....)....but i have to study for eco and finish the spanish essay..aaahh...so much to do. at least it's pretty outside now! i can gaze out of the windows on the way home and daydream all i want about being free, outside, gliding thru the air........

anyways....i have to post about HYAC , i'll do it soon janice!!!....not very eventful but i'll post about it nevertheless....


i'm out now...later playas...